NAVIGATING HANDSHAKE FOR VIRTUAL FAIRS
This virtual session series will show you how to navigate a virtual career fair on Handshake.Watch the Recordings
Handshake is the #1 place where students find jobs and get hired. Learning how to navigate Handshake before attending a virtual career fair will give you the confidence you need to make an impression on employers and get hired.
First Steps: How to Navigate Handshake
January 26, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. | Watch the Recording
This session will show you how to navigate Handshake to prepare for the upcoming virtual career fairs, as well as how to share your profile and public resume.
Next Steps: How to Connect in a Group or 1:1 Session with Recruiters
February 1, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. | Watch the Recording
This session will show you how to register for career fairs so you can browse employers ahead of time and schedule all of your sessions in advance.
Last Steps: How to Prepare Your Elevator Pitch
February 9, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. | Watch the Recording
This session will be an overview of what an elevator pitch entails, how to craft yours, as well as how to use it to build meaningful connections during a virtual career fair.
Why Are You Here?
- Ace the Lunch Interview
Build a Resume
- Choose a Major
- Complete FOCUS2
Craft an Elevator Pitch
- Create a Credential Packet
- Develop a Job Search Strategy
Dress to Impress
- Evaluate Job Offers
Explore Career Options
- Graduate School Advising
- How to Work a Career Fair
- Make the Most Out of Your Network
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist
- Prepare for an Interview
- Register for Career Exploration Courses
- Request a Professional Development Presentation
- Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Statement Review
- Write a Cover Letter/Thank You
- Write a Personal Statement
- Schedule a Practice Interview
- Upcoming Career Fairs and Events
- Meet the Staff
- Complete List of Our Services