Meet with a Career Development Specialist
All undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni can meet one-on-one with one of our trained and experienced career development specialist to discuss major exploration, internships, job searches, graduate school preparation, or career planning.
Career development specialists can help students with the following:
- Choosing or exploring new majors or careers
- Writing resumes, cover letters, personal statements, or CVs
- Preparing for interviews and conducting formal practice interviews
- Developing career fair and networking skills
- Conveying basic etiquette tips
- Formulating internship and job search strategies
- Evaluating and applying to graduate schools
to schedule an appointment through Handshake
1. Click on Career Center in the upper-right corner of your screen.
2. Click on Appointments from your Career Center's page.
3. On the following page, you'll see any past and upcoming appointments you have scheduled. To request a new appointment, click the Schedule a New Appointment button in the upper-left corner.
4. Click on the desired category, then click on the desired type of appointment. You'll see a list of available appointment dates appear based on the category and type selected. From this page, you can use the Category, Type, Staff Member, and Appointment Medium menus to change selections and see appointment availability options.
5. Click on a time, then enter details about the appointment in the "What Can We Help You With?" section, then click Request in the lower-right of the screen.
make the most of your visit
Check out these examples in advance.
For specific information regarding course requirements or scheduling classes, be sure to visit your academic advisor.
Find jobs and internships in handshake
Explore our powerful career resource tool, designed to meet the needs of WVU students and alumni.
Why Are You Here?
- Ace the Lunch Interview
Build a Resume
- Choose a Major
- Complete FOCUS2
Craft an Elevator Pitch
- Create a Credential Packet
- Develop a Job Search Strategy
Dress to Impress
- Evaluate Job Offers
Explore Career Options
- Graduate School Advising
- How to Work a Career Fair
- Make the Most Out of Your Network
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist
- Prepare for an Interview
- Register for Career Exploration Courses
- Request a Professional Development Presentation
- Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Statement Review
- Write a Cover Letter/Thank You
- Write a Personal Statement
- Schedule a Practice Interview
- Upcoming Career Fairs and Events
- Meet the Staff
- Complete List of Our Services