Career planning takes work. To prepare for a career, you need something greater than a four year plan. And you need to start now. Read below to see the steps involved and how Career Services can help you along the way.
Need help choosing a major? Want to know what you can do with your major? We can
provide you with the tools to evaluate your personal characteristics and match
them with a major or career. Schedule an appointment or view our online resources.
Want to know how to write an effective resume? Don’t know what to say or what to wear during an interview? Our career development specialists can help you write your resume, conduct mock interviews, and show you how to dress like a professional.Build Your Plan
Looking for an internship or a meaningful part-time job? Thinking about graduate school? No problem. Meet with a career development specialist or come to one of our career fairs. You can also log in on Handshake to upload your resume, view jobs, or register for events.
Trying to make contacts and create a professional network? Need help negotiating a salary offer? Want to make a good first impression? We can provide you with the skills to successfully navigate the early years of your career.Live Your Plan
Why Are You Here?
- Ace the Lunch Interview
Build a Resume
- Choose a Major
- Complete FOCUS2
Craft an Elevator Pitch
- Create a Credential Packet
- Develop a Job Search Strategy
Dress to Impress
- Evaluate Job Offers
Explore Career Options
- Graduate School Advising
- How to Work a Career Fair
- Make the Most Out of Your Network
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist
- Prepare for an Interview
- Register for Career Exploration Courses
- Request a Professional Development Presentation
- Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Statement Review
- Write a Cover Letter/Thank You
- Write a Personal Statement
- Schedule a Practice Interview
- Upcoming Career Fairs and Events
- Meet the Staff
- Complete List of Our Services