Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP)
A federal program providing recruitment opportunities to highly motivated students with disabilities eager to prove their abilities in the workplace.
Nationwide highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs. The WRP is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers with those very students.
To be eligible for the WRP, candidates must be U.S. citizens, who are
eligible for the Schedule A Hiring Authority that are current, full-time
undergraduate or graduate students with a disability, or have graduated from such an institution on or after April 1, 2020.
Students may also participate if they meet all of the other requirements for the program but are taking a reduced course load due to a disability or if they are taking less than a substantially full-time load in the enrollment period immediately prior to graduation.
Again, WRP also allows recent graduates who have graduated within two and a half years of the December release of the database to participate, so those that graduated from a postsecondary program in April 2020 or more recently are eligible. Candidates who graduated prior to April 2020 are not eligible to participate this year.
Student Registration and Approval
Find jobs and internships in handshake
Explore our powerful career resource tool, designed to meet the needs of WVU students and alumni.
Why Are You Here?
- Ace the Lunch Interview
Build a Resume
- Choose a Major
- Complete FOCUS2
Craft an Elevator Pitch
- Create a Credential Packet
- Develop a Job Search Strategy
Dress to Impress
- Evaluate Job Offers
Explore Career Options
- Graduate School Advising
- How to Work a Career Fair
- Make the Most Out of Your Network
- Meet with a Career Development Specialist
- Prepare for an Interview
- Register for Career Exploration Courses
- Request a Professional Development Presentation
- Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Statement Review
- Write a Cover Letter/Thank You
- Write a Personal Statement
- Schedule a Practice Interview
- Upcoming Career Fairs and Events
- Meet the Staff
- Complete List of Our Services