- Meet with a career counselor to get started
- Complete FOCUS2 to explore possible majors and career options
- Register for UGST 151: Career Exploring/Planning if undecided
- Create your first resume
- Begin to consider activities and part-time jobs that complement your major
- Attend a career fair
- Activate your MountaineerTRAK account and become familiar with the site
Choosing a major and a career sound like really big decisions, but once you discover
what you find interesting and what you enjoy doing, it becomes much easier. While
it might seem crazy to begin planning for the rest of your life during your freshman
year of college, starting early will put
in control and give you the best possible chance for achieving your career goals.
The decisions you make now aren’t set it stone, but they will help you stay on
course for the rest of your academic career and beyond.
You have questions, so we have answers: